Ponytails and pancakes

Ponytails and pancakes

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's really not that hard.

You hear all the time (from men) how hard it is to please women.  I have to say that I really disagree.  It's not that hard at all, once you realize that we're different than men.  Lewd jokes, steaks the size of my head, and a remote in the recliner don't do it for us.  Sadly, sometimes you have to put just a little effort in.  But, a little effort can go a long way toward getting you where you want to be.

Here are a few of my favorite things:
The rosy cheeks of a child who has been playing outside all afternoon.
Those body slam hugs that inevitably end in laughing fits.
Silence (except when you know those kids should be making some serious noise).
The deep throated giggles of a child unabashedly enjoying life.
The feeling of the sunshine on my shoulders.
The giant smile pasted on her face after she scores a goal.
A plate full of fresh shrimp.
The knowledge that all of the bills are paid.
The first sip from my bowl of cappuccino.
A simple call or text in the middle of the day for no reason.
Those moments right after you wake up before you realize that it was just a dream.
The high from the afternoon workout when I know I could've just sat down for those few minutes.
The smell of anything baking in my oven.

First and foremost, however, what makes me the most happy is acknowledgment.  Of my hard work.  Of my attempt to discover everything that makes you happy.   Of the fact that I got up this morning (when I really didn't want to) to continue on this journey (when I have no idea where I'm headed) with the people who mean the most to me (when I really wish they'd sleep in just this once).

See, it's really not that hard to make a woman happy.  At least not this woman.  And it doesn't cost a thing.  Unless you are just dying to spend some money... then a vacation away from all of you would really bring a smile to my face!


No comments:

Post a Comment